Re: Web pages from a database

by "Andrew Armstrong" <andrew(at)wisca.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:05:39 -0000
 To:  "Hank Marquardt" <hmarq(at)yerpso.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Hank

What the RFP specifies is static pages generated by a simple procedure from
the database, when it has been updated. Updates are not very frequent. The
site has to sit on the servers of a county council, and the museum service
doesn't have rights to change or access very much.

Equally, their IT department enforce that access shall be used - so one
wouldn't want to do anything that relied on their services if it could be
avoided.

Andrew Armstrong