Re: forms

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Jan 2000 01:20:03 -0000
 To:  "Hwg Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
From: Murray Scotton <yankees(at)istar.ca>

> You need to do the following:
>
> <input type=hidden name=form_html
> value="http://www.domain_name_here.com/next_page_here.html">

I think you'll find that that's specific to the CGI script you're using to
process your forms.  For example the one provided by my host company
requires the use of NAME="NEXTLINK" for that field.  Each CGI script has
its own requirements, and I'm fairly sure that that won't work with a
simple "mailto" form, which is what the original poster is using.  I guess
it might be possible to do something with Javascript using the form
onSubmit event to change the document.location, but one is still left with
problems - the fact that "mailto" forms don't always work and the fact that
not everyone uses a Javascript enabled browser (in particular those
dependent on text only or text to speech browsers) nor does everyone have
Javascript switched on.  Much better to use a CGI script I reckon.

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk