Re: form question

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:37:41 -0500
 To:  "Write Words" <webwriting(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I am not receiving data from a form when clients submit.
> http://www.writewords.org/questionnaire.html

Using mailto: for the form action is unreliable, because the user
would have to have an email account setup on their system's default
email software. Not everybody does, and many people use online email
accounts.

I tested the form by replacing your email address with mine, and it
did work when I used IE. I recommend using a dependable Perl script.
Try NMS FormMail, the replacement for Matt Wright's FormMail script.
http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml

Tim