Re: Email Management - Time machine

by "Wendy Loveless Miller" <wink(at)abts.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:13:11 -0400
 To:  "HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>

From: Thom Bradley <thombrad(at)visi.net>

> P.S. Anyone know of a good time machine? I'm so busy with customer sites
> I can't get my own started.

Thom,

    I was at a fund-raising luncheon today and the woman in charge was
complaining that she didn't have enough time to decorate the rooms as nicely
as she'd have liked.  I asked her if she thought adding more would change
the outcome; would it generate any more money for our candidate?  She agreed
that it wouldn't make any difference and would just suck up her time (my
interpretation; not her words <g>).  My point is that if you're getting the
business that you would use your site to generate, then why worry about your
site?  You would make time for it if it had a higher priority.   Sometimes
we do sites for personal satisfaction rather than income generating and it's
important to make time for those like any hobby, but it's also important to
not let guilt get in the way of enjoying all you can right now.

    I spend at least an hour a day doing something as mindless as blowing
bubbles (of course I photographed them and scanned them and enhanced them in
various ways, too!) just to stay sane.  I'll live longer, hopefully, (or at
least experience a higher quality of life) from having less stress now and
that  is where I'll find the time I've been looking for all along.

    Tomorrow's my birthday so I'm feeling a little philosophical about time
. . . please excuse this if it's too far off-topic.

Wendy Miller
(totally underdeveloped website at:  http://www.iredell.net)