Re: New Window

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sun, 24 Sep 2000 00:42:33 -0400
 To:  "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>,
"Robert" <bhe(at)pacbell.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think that I originally misunderstood your question. Nacy is correct, the
only way you can 'freeze the original window is through a javaScript alert.
It is possible to do what you want to do in an application written in C or
some other language which accesses the operating systems API, but it is
impossible to do this (apart from and alert) in an internet application.
Unlimited access to the systems API is forbidden for security reasons.

I suppose it would be possible to write an activeX control to do this, but
then that would only work in IE browsers.

Frank