Fw: More than one Onload event

by "GREG Stringfellow" <vms2892(at)bellatlantic.net>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 10:18:50 -0700
 To:  "html writers guild" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Denise.  Perhaps someone else can provide more of the information you need;
but, I shall throw in my two cents worth.  You can not do anything that
requires "naming the original window".  The original browser window can not
be an object in javascript; to wit, you're kind of stuck with it.  I
remember reading a script that allows you to change a URL, but then that URL
has to be loaded and you're in a viscous circle.  About the best I could do
was set the size and location of the new window, then include a
"window.close()" to get rid of it.  Be nice and close your popups.  Go here
http://209.130.85.171/index_racing.shtml
and click "Granny's Exacta Corner," then follow the anchors at the bottom of
the popups.  javascript is yours for the taking.   GREG