Re: Why is this white space happening???

by gchurchman(at)medseek.com (Gary Churchman)

 Date:  Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:38:23 -0800
 To:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mike,
We use ColdFusion almost exclusively, and yes, I have run across that
before.  The key was when you said the phenomena was seemingly linked to the
number of records displayed in the table.  Depending upon how you have used
the cfoutput tags in the script, the spaces or carriage returns you have
used to separate your table elements between the cfoutput tags may be
translating to your space, and since the space/return is located outside
(between) your table data tags, it is being multiplied
record-number-of-times and rendered above the table.  Again, while returns
and spaces make the code easier for the human to read, it often offers the
machine two or more choices as to how it should be rendered, and the machine
invariably chooses the wrong rendering.

HTH
Gary Churchman
Director, Production and Design