Re: Stylesheets & Fonts & Colors

by "Eric Bednarz" <doublebase(at)wanadoo.nl>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:41:55 +0200
 To:  "Ryan Bell" <ryaneffectz(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
> dark and light background..not an easy task)...

to me a better solution would be: define the background colors in the style
sheet
thus no css = no problems with the link colors
then at least you always get a basic readable content page ;-) with clean
code

> ...I haven't specified a font
> size however, so it reverts to whatever the user's set their font size
> to..should I go ahead and specify that in the HTML document as well?  This
> would at least keep consistency for font size whether or not you have CSS
> enabled, and would keep it consistent with the JS Menu...

specifying font size in the style sheet *and* in a font tag can end up in
very goofy results, especially if the user doesn't use the standard font
size in his browser

btw: i can't speak for different platforms, but several font sizes in pixels
should have the same size in IE & NN, eg 12, 16, 20
NN will display sizes between them smaller (or sometimes without a
difference)
for example verdana 10px looks good to me in IE but too small in NN

hth a bit, eric