Re: web safe background

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:29:47 -0800
 To:  "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>,
"'Peter Anderson'" <peter(at)launch-pad.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm SUSPECTING that it dithers because he's got 16-color mode on, not 16-bit
(65 thousand) color mode, but could be wrong. Peter, you might want to check
that. Also, if possible, switch up to 24-bit (16.7 million colors) mode.
990000 is NOT in the 16-color pallette, (the closest is 7F0000) which is why
I suspect the wrong color mode.

Tim, 990000 IS a websafe color. Values of 00, 33, 66, 99, CC, and FF in the
red, green, or blue units are considered part of the 216 web-safe color
list. Therefore 99 Red 00 Green and 00 Blue is a web-safe color. That
doesn't explain the dithering, though...

Kehvan