Re: Ordered Lists

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Sep 2000 02:30:02 -0400
 To:  "Cindy Stanley,
SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> "unlike the original" is not the case. The only thing I did w/ the
original
> document in question was simply highlight the </li>'s and delete them. I
did
> not add anything, nor restructure any original html.

But by doing this you corrected the error. However the error was not the
closing li tags,  which are perfectly legal, but the fact the nested ol
element was a direct child of another ol. removing the closing li tag made
the nested ol a child of the li element rather than the ol element!

Frank