Re: Client updates

by "Tricia" <tricia(at)ktsplace.com>

 Date:  Tue, 2 Jan 2001 20:56:57 -0800
 To:  "Dale" <dale(at)hiwaay.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
`Hi there, Dale -

We had a similar problem with a client who basically thought he knew a lot
more than he actually did.  We set up a simple
<#! include virtual ...>  statement to link to a text file that he could
just change the information whenever he wanted.  We even set up the text
with easy to follow "commented" instructions to make it totally
"idiot-proof" so that he couldn't possibly make any mistakes that would harm
the rest of the page.

At the time we presented him with the finished product, we instructed him on
the file and how to change it and even how to upload it via ftp.  Seems to
be working really great now.  He has gone in and made numerous changes in
adding and deleting entries all without being able to change any of the font
colors/sizes or organization of the page.

Just need to make sure that his server supports SSI.

Any questions, let us know.

Kim & Tricia
Co-Owners KT's Place in Cyberspace
http://ktsplace.com