Re: Auto-installing fonts?

by "Nathaniel Bank" <Nathan.Bank(at)cello.net>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:47:44 -0700
 To:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I should have been more specific. First, copyright is not an issue with what I'm looking
for. We created the font, we own the font, and the only people I want to have the font are
other employees. Second, it doesn't have to be cross-platform as we're all (until Linux is
popular enough to run our software) using Windows 98/NT 4. So my revised question is thus:
can I create a link that automatically tries to put the ttf into the %systemroot%\fonts\
folder?

It would be much easier than trying to explain to new employees where the company font
lives on the server and so on, and the site will be a password protected intranet site.

Thanks again!

Nathaniel Bank;
Database Lummox &
Software Development;