Re: Shopping carts NOW PAYPAL

by "tana" <tana(at)lanset.com>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:28:32 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
just be careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot in the process. paypal
has, what, 15 million users? that's not *everyone* who shops on-line, by any
means, but it IS a substantial portion of them. and i think those people who
have paypal accounts are most likely repeat shoppers.

i first became aware of the paypal horror stories earlier this year, and my
compromise was to simply be sure i don't keep very much money in my paypal
account. that's easy to do since paypal has started their "billpay" service
... now when i have funds in my paypal account, i can use them to pay my
utility & insurance bills ... TOO COOL!!! [i don't know WHAT that person who
had 30K in his (frozen) paypal account was thinking ... i'd hate to say he
deserved what he got, but gawd, WHY would anyone leave that much in such an
account?????]