Re: Relational Databases

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:30:44 -0400
 To:  "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>,
"Ben Ocean" <beno(at)cnw.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ben,
from what I understand you have to implement a web-driven data base, and you
have to learn how to do it in a short period of time. If this is so do not
learn Linnux!!!

let me summarize.

If you know some scripting language consider using ASP. It is powerful, well
documented, scalable and robust. It operates best on an NT server. The
documentation is outstanding and there are several step by step handholding
guides.

If you don't know a scripting language consider with Cold fusion. It will
get the job done for you. The documentation is good and there are several
step by step handholding guides.

I don't know enough about PHP to make any recommendations on this, but I
have not really seen any good simple step by step documentation on how to
get a site up and running.  This is what you need right now! if I am wrong
here, I would be glad if someone could point me to the documentation.

Frank