Re: Opinions on site redesign

by "Dandello" <librarian(at)shadolibrary.org>

 Date:  Wed, 2 May 2001 08:10:16 -0700
 To:  "'Hwg-Techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
What I have done with good success in the past is to use (assuming your
server allows this) an .htaccess file with 404-redirect instructions -
basically,  after the directory redesign, the htaccess file will redirect
404 errors to a custom page that tells or sends people to the main index
page with an apology and instructions to look for the item through the main
page.

Dandello