Re: image files in an IE browser window?

by "Buddy Harris" <bharris(at)stny.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:01:57 -0400
 To:  "HWG Email List" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I think my browser's too smart for me.  Can I set up Internet Explorer to
> view images by default?
> I can't seem to open gifs and jpegs in IE's browser window...it keeps
> opening MS photo editor.
> And I don't want that ....grrr...can't use the back button or view a
> directory list like in NN...

Hi Collette,
You just need to go to your file in Windows Explorer:
Click (once) on the file name to select it.
While holding down your Shift key, right click.
Choose "Open With".
Choose "iexplore" and check the box for "Always use this program to open
this type of file".
That should do it.
HTH,
Buddy