Re: hwg-techniques-digest V1 #902

by "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>

 Date:  Thu, 25 May 2000 23:09:31 +0530
 To:  "Techniques [HWG]" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  <diane(at)gnatscape.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Pardon the CC but you seem to get digest. ;-)

1. You will need Javascript to achieve it.
2. You will need to make sure that Javascript is enabled. Otherwise, I
   advise you to let your visitors know that all they will see
   (without enabling Javascript) is an image.
3. The funda of the "pop-up when the mouse goes over text" is simple.

   You are trapping the "event" of the "mouse" going over a certain,
   definite "area". In the case of the scripts that you have found,
   this "area" happens to be certain string of text.

   If you have some basic Javascript knowledge, you should be able to
   modify the "area" to the image map "regions". If it makes it any
   easier, you could even make those "regions" as <a href="#"></a>
   links and use the onMouseOver with it.

Rest, ask Mr. Peter B. Over to you Peter... ;)

[abhay]

PS: Ran the first sentence through MS Grammer check. Guess what it
    said ? LOL