Re: DHTML Examples

by "Dennis K" <dennisk(at)louisville.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:58:13 -0500
 To:  "Susan Vollmer" <susanvollmer(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
    Personally, I love the creative freedom found with dhtml. The browser
constraints and headaches that go hand-in-hand with it are, depending on how
you look at it, another edge to be challenged.  (imho of course)
    The hours I spend going through the extra scripting to make a site
actually work may not be the efficient use of my time, but that is where I
find the most learning. And it's also where I have the most fun. My hope is
that someday I WILL be more efficient with the dhtml.

    Some dhtml has leaked into a few of my sites.
See the nav menu of http://www.louisville.edu/medschool/ as an example.
    This I got from http://www.dansteinman.com/dynduo/ but it took awhile to
learn.

    Other personal favorites for learning:
    http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html
    and http://www.bratta.com/

    There are tons of dhtml resources out there, but not all of them live up
to their claims. So building your own cache of favorites will likely become
a matter of time commitment and expectations.

Good luck. Have fun.
 --

Dennis Keibler
Univ. of Louisville School of Medicine