Re: Front Page pages & GoLive (was HTML - why bother?)

by "Webmaster" <nstar92(at)bellatlantic.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 May 2001 19:24:37 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Freda Lockert" <freda(at)appleonline.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I trialled GL because I loved Page Mill and it became outdated. I also
trialled Dreamweaver, too many bells and whistles for me.  I am uisng Cold
Fusion Studio now and love it. Along with FP2000, along with CF Server and
FP ext.
 However, I was not impressed with GL. It messed up my javascript, and every
time I would go to check it there were js errors, even after I would
manually edit the code. 9x out of 10 it was GL. Although many do not like
FP, it will always be my first love.  As you have said of GL, you have to
learn the quirks, and then either accept them, or find a way around. I chose
to find a way around. I ftp up and do not use the extensions. I also
installed Arachnophilia and Editpad rather than what came with it.  FOr 2
years I have used Page Mill also.  I laugh every time one of pages says
"Page Mill" Or FP, because I know it is really a mutt!