RE: INFO: Reminder of List Netiquette

by "Michael Kear" <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>

 Date:  Wed, 21 May 2003 13:15:50 +1000
 To:  "'Christopher Higgs'" <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
" take more care in phrasing our questions so that=20
they are less ambiguous to others." ?????

I'd like to know how I could have phrased my question more carefully and
less ambiguously than I did.

I saw a site that apparently had no HTML, yet I knew it had to have HTML =
or
the browser couldn't have rendered it.  So I posted the URL and asked =
"how
did they do that"?

I do wish the list managers and list guides wouldn't keep trying to make
this MY FAULT!  This is the second attempt to do that.  This fiasco is =
the
fault of OTHER list members.  It's simply an attempt by the HWG to =
deflect
what they think might be legal action on the part of the owner of the =
site
in question and make me the culpable defendant.  I'm not buying it.  I =
did
nothing that hasn't been done on this list at least a hundred times =
before
and is perfectly within the rules.=20

For the record, the owner of the site in question is relaxed, since I =
posted
his words, and is unlikely to sue anyone, unless damage continues.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks