Re: annoying websites

by "Marc David Johnson" <mjohnson(at)marcdavidjohnson.com>

 Date:  Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:55:08 -0400
 To:  "Ray T. Mahorney" <rmahorney(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Ray T. Mahorney Wrote:

> I personally find the sights with eye candy and shiny objects to be
> annoying.  Not because I can see the information contained there in but
because I cant.  More often
> than not the eye candy laden sights pose enormous  access problems for
those who rely on screen
> reading software or Braille displays to view web content.  For this group,
A sight from hell is one
> on which the eye candy keeps us from getting to the information we are
after.  Screen reading
> technology has come a long way but the developers of this software are not
able to keep pace with an
> industry which changes as rapidly as the browser market.

Ray,

I am wondering if you, or anyone else out there with screen reader software
or a Braille display, could look at a basic "vanilla" site I have developed
and let me know how it works for you.

The basic backend code should keep the pages accessible (or inaccessible,
depending on feedback) while I start concentrating on making the pages
"pretty".

The site is named, oddly enough, www.MarcDavidJohnson.com and yes, it is
supposed to look generic at this point - the goal is to have it validate
correctly and to make it accessible and THEN start "fluffing" up the look.
:-)

Thank you for your time,

Marc David Johnson
Web Designer
mjohnson(at)marcdavidjohnson.com
http://www.MarcDavidJohnson.com
"A little bit of everything ... and a whole lot of nothing."