Re: DHTML How To

by "WISCA" <andrew(at)wisca.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:46:34 +0100
 To:  "Cynthia York" <Cynthia.York(at)jhu.edu>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The only way I know to do that sort of thing on texst raqther than images is
to manipulate the visibility property of an absolutely positioned division
or span.

You define the division as visible or invisible using a unique id rather
than a class in the stylesheet.

Dreamweaver lets you draw and move layers, using <div> tags for the layers,
but I have found some problems with Netscape if the properties are left as
an inline style like Dreamweaver makes for you. What I do is to cut and
paste the positioning numbers from the inline style to the stylesheet

Rather than paste in code here, look at the slightly clumsy way I did
something similar (but using on mouseover not onclick) on

www.s-b-solutions.co.uk

Andrew Armstrong