Re: Mailto: Forms

by "Frances Castelli" <fcfunk(at)nwrain.com>

 Date:  Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:41:07 -0700
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello there,
    Thought I'd give you two, Jon and Gary, an update. I have used the NMS
script having been alerted to the security breaches in Matt's on this list.
And the redirect using a CGI script is also something I've done before. My
problem was/is that these people do not have a CGI bin. They have a host
from the dark ages. Actually I'm having to be backward compatible to NN4
also, imagine that. I was trying to make the mailto form less confusing for
the user given what I've got which isn't much.
    I was going to temporarily host the script on a different server than
the website itself and the reason I wanted to update you is that with
Hostsave (so I'm guessing with other hosts also) that was not possible
because their spam filters would delay or not deliver the form results. Some
hosts can not accommodate the results being delivered to an email not on
their server system, it's too much like spam. Even with the NMS script, only
1 email recipient coded in and the server the form is coming from coded in.
    The age of spam!
Thanks for your help,
Frances