Re: Non-US Domain Registrations

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2000 23:06:50 -0000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Does anyone know if you can get a .uk domain name?  So many of the .co.uk
and
> .org.uk have been used now, and I would prefer a top level domain.
>
> TIA,
> Peter

As far as I am aware .co.uk is a TLD. You can't get a name with just .uk
after it. There are a number of other options like .ltd.uk and .plc.uk but
they have much stricter rules attached to them. Have a look at
http://www.simplynames.co.uk/help.html for a list of the different UK
suffixes available.

As far as earlier comments go about how easy/difficult it is to get a name,
the .co.uk names can be bought by anyone with a creditcard and be active
within 24 hours. There does not seem to be a requirement that you even live
in the UK. There are a huge number of companies now selling names in this
country.

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net