Re: web safe fonts

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:20:58 -0800
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ooops... My bad! Sorry about that... I misread your original post.

For fonts, these are the standard sets:

Times New Roman, Times, serif
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
Courier New, Courier, monospace

That's about it for "safe" fonts, and these are the Windows and Mac
versions. You should also look into the Bitstream Font Player, which allows
you to use a select set of decorative fonts, available from Bitstream or,
using their building software, some available on your system. It's a bit
complex, but works in Netscape 4 and MSIE 5.

Good luck! :-)
Kehvan