Re: reply to???

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:20:22 -0400
 To:  "Rob Prentice" <RJP(at)clickdms.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Rob if you hit reply it only goes to the person on the list who's email
you are replying too, if you hit Reply ALL it will email that person and
the list.  I am assuming this is done to allow for private email
conversations rather than including the whole list.  Some conversations just
are not appropriate
for the list, and should be taken off list.

I like this feature, I have been on other lists where it didn't matter what
you
hit it only goes to the list.  And I don't respond because sometimes my
reply
wouldn't necessarily benefit a whole list of people and is a waste of space
for
those who are not interested in the topic.

I use outlook express.  This option gives you the ability also to write
to a person privately that has nothing to do with "list conversation".
There have been some that I observed on the list that I felt were
knowledgeable
(and there are many that are knowledgeable) and have written privately with
issues I didn't want on the list.  So I feel
it has a big advantage over other lists.

But that is my opinion.

As for the filtering, that is a tricky one.  I have had trouble filtering
too.
It seems that the problem lies with Outlook and Outlook express.  I bet
I have gone in and redone my rules a gazillion times, and it still won't
filter
my Techniques email.  But it is me, I have not figured out the right
combination.
I had the same problem with other emails, and I finally worked them out.
If I figure out the right combo I will send you the key! :-)

Sincerely,

Nancy Whittley

SPECIAL!! Get up to $60.00 in FREE POSTAGE
And a FREE Postage Scale!  Visit my site to find out more!
Cincy Web Design
http://www.cincywebdesign.com