Re: IE 5.5

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:44:22 -0700
 To:  "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hmmmm, looks like we have perhaps found the problem, ladies and gentlemen!

I reported in my post that MSIE 5.5 (5.50.4134.0100) works fine with the
page, but both Dmitrij and Nancy report problems with their MSIE 5.5
(5.50.4134.0600). Since my version is the one installed with Millennium, I
will assume (I know, I know) that the 0600 version is from the Microsoft
website and can be installed on Windows95/98 and perhaps others. This is
definitely a possibility for a cause of the problem. If Microsoft has made
even a minor change to part of their code (which the sub-sub-subversion
numbers indicate), they may have introduced an error instead of fixing
something...

Anyone else care to chip in on this? Does anyone else have the Millennium
version (0100) to confirm if they can get the site to work? Can anyone with
the website version (0600) visit the site to see if they can get it to load?

Because of the length of this chain, the webaddress in question is again:
http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/schaeffer/biznews1.htm

This is definitely something to look into, as it effects us all...

Kehvan M. Zydhek