Re: td backgroiund

by "Lauren Hanka" <bluejay(at)starband.net>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:06:43 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Susie,

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it did for me when I was goin'
nuts (and I *do* understand) over this same problem. Try putting a white
table over it like this:

<TABLE BACKGROUND="blahblah.GIF" WIDTH="?" HEIGHT="?" BORDER="0"
CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0"><TD WIDTH="?" VALIGN="top">

<TABLE BACKGROUND="#FFFFFF" WIDTH="same" HEIGHT="same" BORDER="0"
CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0"><TD WIDTH="same" VALIGN="top">

I used a background *behind* nested tables, and unless I used this example,
the background image repeated itself mercilessly in NS.

I know you mentioned you were working on a TD background, but perhaps this
"table theory" will work for cells as well...

Good Luck, and let me know if this helps...
Lauren