Re: Screen Resolution

by "David Meadows" <david(at)heroes.force9.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:33:54 -0000
 To:  "tim booker" <timbooker(at)lineone.net>,
"'Emma Duke-Williams'" <emma.duke-williams(at)port.ac.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
tim booker <timbooker(at)lineone.net> wrote:

> > I find it very difficult when writing occupies
> > the full width of the screen...
>
> This is because when lines of text get too long, it begins to impair our
> ability to find the start of the next line.  There is a natural ceiling at
> which you should aim when designing columns of text.  It's a line length
of
> about 100 characters, I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong).

A line length of 65 to 70 characters is considered the optimum length for
comfortable reading.

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david(at)heroes.force9.co.uk

"Everyone has within himself the power
 to make this a better world." -- Clayton Moore 1914-1999