CSS ROCKS!!

by "Mike Kear" <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>

 Date:  Fri, 4 Jul 2003 06:46:37 +1000
 To:  "Hwg-Techniques@Hwg. Org" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I just thought I'd let you all know that since I decided to move on from =
the
NN4 and IE4 users, it's like a huge weight has been lifted.  Suddenly, =
html
layout is the LEAST of my concerns.=20

I have never been all that excited about CSS before, because the way I'd
been doing things, I spent more time fiddling about with html than =
anything
else.   Since I decided to move on and use DHTML and CSS2, I've been
studying up on CSS techniques, and I'm sold!   Suddenly life is MUCH =
easier!

As it happens we can leave those old browsers behind and not have to =
worry
right now, and I'm taking full advantage of the opportunity, and I've =
seen
several techniques to get those people to upgrade to new browsers.

I am but a babe in the woods when it comes to CSS2, but I'm studying =
like
crazy because I think being adept with style sheets is going to make
building sites FAR faster, and much more flexible than it's ever been, =
yet
still giving me far more control than ever over the way the sites look =
in
different environments.  (Which of course is the intention of style =
sheets!)

I've spent a lot of time in the past few years separating display from =
logic
and data using ColdFusion and other techniques, and that made building =
big
and/or complex sites far faster and easier, and now by separating =
content
and appearance with style sheets, it's done it again.   I can see that =
in
the big shops, you'll have one group of people doing the content stuff, =
and
another group doing the appearance/layout.   That's how I'm going to be
dividing up my tasks in my one-person development business too.

I just wanted you all to know I've had my eyes opened to this CSS thing =
and
it's a winner! (Yes, I know you all knew about this stuff a long time =
ago,
but I only just found out how good CSS2 was.  You're all smarter than me
that's clear.)

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia