Re: DB Sharing Question

by "Paul Roberts" <roberts_paul(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Mon, 14 May 2001 18:50:08 +0100
 To:  "Seth Wilschutz" <swhwg(at)neo.rr.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
this will depend on the webserver os, Access is not cross platform. MS may
state that it is but they mean across MS windows platforms, ie 95, 98, NT,
2000. it is not available for macs or Linux/Unix.

I would split the data from the front end anyway, have the data on the
server and the client with the forms queries etc on the users machines.
you could use access for the win machines and maybe filemaker for the macs,
on the server you could use Access if its NT or win 2000 or if its
Linux/Unix then go for Mysql or similar the users wont know the difference
as all they will see is the front end on their machine.

Paul Roberts

roberts_paul(at)bigfoot.com