Re: Banner Ad campaigns

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:07:20 -0400
 To:  "Austin Bill-P23393" <Bill.Austin(at)motorola.com>,
"HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Here are what the stats say on their site:

Start date:  26, May 200
Ends at 1,000 clicks  EXPIRED
Your Banners Exposures: 31,527
Exp/Day  12,704
Clicks on your banner:  1,501
%  4.8%
Ratio:  21:1

I can understand, the banner exposures over a few days, but the click
throughs
are obviously inflated.  My client emailed them for days to find out when
they
were going to start showing the banner.  She got a response that it had run
and she had already received all of her hits.  How convenient, but the fact
still
lies in the stats trackers, and they have had 538 visitors for the month of
May.
I counted a grand total of 39 actual hits from this service.

I have called the company and it was agreed that something isn't right.
So there is an investigation to find out what is the deal.  I think the left
hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

There is alot of money to be made with this and without keeping an eye on
them
they can just milk you for all it is worth.
Anyway, keep your eyes open, never let your guard down.

Thanks

Nancy Whittley
Cincy Web Design
http://www.cincywebdesign.com