Re: web safe background

by "Frank Looper" <htmlhardcoder(at)myriadic.com>

 Date:  Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:57:46 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It would explain it in 16 bit (65k colors) actually (or at least
possibly). WebMonkey found out that Netscape 218 doesn't always do so
well on 16 bit. There are only ~20 truly web-safe colors, as it turns
out. Don't that stink? The worst part is that they are mostly in the
green and yellow areas. I'm with some of these other folks, and just
about to give up on old tech!
Looking here: http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2001/February/colors.html,
you can see that the 256 color folks have mostly dissappeared, and
looking here: http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2001/February/browser.html
you can see that NS 4.x isn't far behind. DEATH TO OLD TECH!!! And while
it's dying, if it could whine a little less, I'd appreciate it (where's
that big fluffy pillow?).

Frank