Re: what is Object really for?

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Sep 2000 03:02:13 -0400
 To:  "Deborah Shadovitz" <DebShadovitz(at)mac.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Does anyone out there really use ActiveX or the Object tag?

Those of us writing internet applications for intranets where we know what
browser we are writing for, use it all the time! However as netscape does
not adequetly support it, unless you want to go to the effort of browser
sniffing you are better off using some other method to achieve your ends.

frank

Frank Boumphrey
Author:
 Beginning XHTML