Re: Disabling "View Source"

by "Steve Mount" <steve(at)saltyrain.com>

 Date:  Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:00:52 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually it is quite an annoyance.  What Navigator does (or did - I think NN
4 was the last version to do this) is not show you the contents of the page,
but rather the contents as rendered after passing though the JavaScript
interpreter.  Any JS that is used in the body of a page (in the case of the
page in question, the JS *is* the page) is rendered, and there was no way to
see the *actual* source.  The first time I hit it, it stymied me for longer
than it should have, and I warn my students about it so they won't be
similarly surprised.  MSIE does it the way it should be, and I understand
NN6+ does it that way now, too.

Steve Mount, Software Engineer            steve(at)saltyrain.com
Home Site                            http://www.saltyrain.com
US Constitution Online          http://www.usconstitution.net