Re: Hackers

by =?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?= <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:10:13 +0300
 To:  "Dennis Lapcewich" <Dennis.Lapcewich(at)unisa.edu.au>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Dennis,
True unauthorized access is a crime in many countries, but not here, at
least it wasn't the last time I checked it. It becomes a crime once you
watch what types of files are stored on a computer, steal something,
modify something (and so on). Then it's theft, manipulation of
information or something like that.

In many countries unauthorized access of a computer is considered a
crime anyway, unless the person who breaks into a system has written
contract which allows it or if s/he is the owner of the system. This
makes entering a system for security analysing purposes possible.

As somebody else said, hackers were originally great coders.

Sue, as somebody told before choose random passwords and never write
them up nor share them with anybody. My password looks like
"gcX!-ew@fl:Cll". Make sure that it has something like 10 or more chars
in it. Doubt that somebody could "guess" it.

Sorry, if I started a flame war, wasn't my original indent. I hope that
this was my last e-mail to this thread.

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in
--
Lauri V�in
Your own .com .net .org domain name is the best