Re: A Question of Style

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Jul 2000 01:15:38 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ben,

Do you mean the background as demonstrated in the attached GIF [NOT ATTACHED
IN THE HWG VERSION OF THIS EMAIL]? If so, that's a system color, set by the
user of the computer (mine is set to dark blue, as shown, to go with the
color scheme I've chosen for my desktop). To my knowledge, there is not
currently a method of forcing this color to be a specific one (yet). I know
Microsoft introduced some MSIE 5.5-only code to CSS that allows the changing
of the scrollbar colors, so it may be possible to find a tag that will allow
this to be changed that way, but it's proprietary, which is something to
avoid unless absolutely necessary for one reason or another.

If this is NOT what you meant, perhaps you could be a little more specific?

Good Luck!
Kehvan