Re: annoying websites

by "Ray T. Mahorney" <rmahorney(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:21:33 -0400
 To:  "Cook,
Shelby" <scook(at)equibase.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Gday all I have listened to the discussion of annoying sites with interest I find it interesting
what the sighted find annoying.  I personally find the sights with eye candy and shiny objects to be
annoying.  Not because I can see the information contained there in but because I cant.  More often
than not the eye candy laden sights pose enormous  access problems for those who rely on screen
reading software or Braille displays to view web content.  For this group, A sight from hell is one
on which the eye candy keeps us from getting to the information we are after.  Screen reading
technology has come a long way but the developers of this software are not able to keep pace with an
industry which changes as rapidly as the browser market.  I won't even start to tell you of the
sights I and others weren't able to access because of the bobbles and such on the sight.  TNX for
reading my bad typing.
Ray T. Mahorney
WA4WGA