Evolution or revolution? [Re: Solution - A Perfect Web Site!]

by Gregor Pirnaver <gregor.pirnaver(at)email.si>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:53:08 +0100
 To:  "Sathish C. Bramhan" <sathish(at)bramhan.net>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Tuesday 13 February 2001 17:32 you wrote:
> I honestly wanted a good discussion; there are 100's of
> replies but till now only 'one' related answer. "html
> writers guild" is such a disappointment.

If you want facts keep your questions sweet and simple! :)

It makes me wonder...

1. How will sites be able to evolve beyond XHTML1+CSS1?

2. What will be next evolution step?
XML+CSS2+EcmaScript+DOM1?

3. Will we be able to follow three simple evolution rules?
Rule 1) ANY browser should be able to access the content of=20
the site.
Rule 2) Rule 1 does NOT imply that the site should look the=20
same in each browser.
Rule 3) If something non-essential does not work in a=20
certain browser, Too Bad For That Browser.
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/fear3/fear3_8.html

--=20
Gregor @ Mandrake 7.2 -> KDE 2.0 -> Kmail 1.1.99 -> ;-)