Re: Disabling "View Source"

by "Steve Mount" <steve(at)saltyrain.com>

 Date:  Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:05:55 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hopefully the writer realized the folly - the text is there on the page,
ready for viewing, copying, and pasting (so the text is no more protected
than without the encoding) - the only thing that was protected was the HTML,
and there didn't seem to me to be anything there that was not easily
duplicated.  The images could be easily "stolen" just by using the direct
path to the images (easily determined using View Source), so to a determined
"thief," this was no deterrent at all.  Since keeping the encoded text up to
date (and certainly editing it once encoded) must have been tedious at best,
lets hope in the interests of conservation of time, you can do away with
that particular method.

Steve Mount, Software Engineer            steve(at)saltyrain.com
Home Site                            http://www.saltyrain.com
US Constitution Online          http://www.usconstitution.net