Re: Linux

by Kathy Wheeler <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>

 Date:  Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:29:33 +1100
 To:  "Andrew Armstrong" <andrew(at)wisca.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> A big difference is that windows handles cut and paste between otherwise
> incompatiblel applications - Linux does not.

SuSE, Red Hat and FreeBSD Unix all do cut'n paste. Can't say for Mandrake but
I'd be surprised if it didn't - highlight your text you want to copy, move
your cursor to the desired location in the other app, and use your middle
mouse button (or L+R simultaneously if using emulate three buttons) and click
in the window where you want it to paste it into.

Ctrl+C (copy) and Ctrl+V (paste) works for most apps though.

Cheers,
KathyW.