Re: Mac IE5 html bug = ampersand?

by "Tracey Huntingford" <thmail(at)hwired.com>

 Date:  Thu, 25 May 2000 11:16:16 -0700
 To:  "Nathan Lyle" <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>,
<anastasia(at)austin.rr.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Tracey Huntingford thmail(at)hwired.com asked:
> >> One of my clients is having a problem accessing pages with links such
as
> >> below. He is using an Imac with IE5. Can anyone running IE5 on a Mac
> >> or Imac try clicking these links and letting me know if they are a
problem?
> >> http://www.hwcounter.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?332000035
> >> http://www.hwcounter.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?332000035&&date=today

"stacey" <anastasia(at)austin.rr.com> replied:
> >- yep, it crashes the program every time you try to go to the second
link.
> >stacey

"Nathan Lyle" <natlyle(at)nmu.edu> replied:
> Should there be two "&" in the address? I'm not sure that would be enough
> to crash the program... but I've only ever seen one ampersand at a time
> before... <shrug>

Will it work in Mac IE5 with just 1 ampersand like this?
http://www.hwcounter.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?332000035&date=today
I think the problem is any amount of ampersands which has to be a bug since
so many web apps need to use ampersands in their urls.

Regards,
Tracey Huntingford
mailto:webmaster(at)hwcounter.com