Re: favicon.ico and error404 showing up in Apache logs

by "Steve Mount" <steve(at)>

 Date:  Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:33:12 -0400
 To:  "Jay Smith" <jay(at)>,
"hwg-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)>
  todo: View Thread, Original
No, they do not - the error is absorbed internally.  As I understand it, the
request is made when someone adds your site to their Favorites.  This should
give you some sort of indication to how many users are doing this - if it is
enough, you might want to make your site easier to find in their list by
making an icon available.  I created a very simple one that (hopefully)
makes my site stand out in that list.

Steve Mount, Software Engineer            steve(at)
Home Site
US Constitution Online