Re: have not got a clue :RE: css ?

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:25:21 -0400
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Terry,

> Your mods tiled the back ground (didn't want that),

What browser are you using? I had checked only in IE6 and Opera 7.54
on Windows, which display the page correctly. I fired up Firefox after
I received your email and saw that Firefox had increased the size of
the DIV by the amount declared for padding, while IE and Opera did not
(quirks mode). Apparently Firefox always renders in strict mode.

To fix this, I added another DIV to put the background image in.

> dropped the "Freedom River thing down way to "low" and made it
> much smaller

As for the small gap I saw at the top of the page, I have gotten rid
of that by declaring no top margin and padding for BODY.

As for having made the header smaller, it is a little larger (actually
just bolder) on my page in IE and Opera than on your original page.
However, I just loaded your page in Firefox, and see that the heading
(using 5 BIG tags) is about 50% larger than in IE and Opera.

New changes:
http://www.timrivera.com/tests/help/terry-g2.html

Tim