Re: Ordered Lists

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:51:46 -0400
 To:  "Cindy Stanley,
SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>,
"Kate Katzban-Beren" <kater(at)flips.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> <li> is a singleton tag, requiring no closing. The end tag is optional.
> Remove all your </li> and the document will validate under your
transitional
> doctype.

Actually the above is not a problem you are allowed to close tags if you
want (and IMO you shoud)

Your problem is that you are directly nesting ordered lists

<ol>
 <ol>

The spec lays out that the only allowed content of an ordered list is an li
element

from the spec:
<!-- Ordered (numbered) list -->

<!ELEMENT ol (li)+>