Re: Linux

by "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)mediaone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:56:38 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well, most of the time I'm using IE 6, notepad, and I keep outlook express
open. I have my multipass printer running in the background and usually have
AOL IM running too. Personally I think it's the IE that's causing most of
the drain on the sys. resources. It seems to leak a lot of memory. Right now
I have 4 IE windows open, IM running in the background as well as my printer
and outlook express, and my resources are at 35%. I expect a crash any time
now. BTW, this isn't some cheesy dinosaur system. I have a Dell 8100 Pentium
IV 1.5 Ghz, 128 Meg ram, 40Gig HD. This should be more than enough power for
what I'm doing. I sometimes wonder if Dell didn't configure it right. Oh
well.

Lisa B.