Re: non-editable text area

by "Marc David Johnson" <mjohnson(at)marcdavidjohnson.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:34:59 -0400
 To:  "Emerald Spirit" <emerald_spirit(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This should do it for you (in the newest browsers of course <grin>).

       <nobr>Fill area with data so it will
overflow................</nobr>

That code works (depending on your browser of course as it relies on CSS)
and does produce a horizontal scrollbar. (The <table> tags aren't needed but
I pulled this from a codebase I keep and they were there so...) :-)

Simply remove the <nobr></nobr> tags from around your text if you want it to
produce a vertical scroll bar.

HTH,

Marc David Johnson
Web Designer
mjohnson(at)marcdavidjohnson.com
http://www.MarcDavidJohnson.com
"A little bit of everything ... and a whole lot of nothing."