Re: Image tracking

by "Andrew Armstrong" <andrew(at)wisca.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Jun 2001 19:03:53 +0100
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think that the approach using permissions is best, but if the script is
preferred, here is one I used:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1" type="text/javascript">
<!-- Begin
function right(e) {
var msg = "Picture Copyright Ted Nasmith.";
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && e.which == 3) {
alert(msg);
return false;
}
else
if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && event.button==2) {
alert(msg);
return false;
}
return true;
}
if (document.layers) {
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
}
document.onmousedown = right;
// End -->
</SCRIPT>

It only serves as a reminder, since disabling the right click doesn't
prevent retrieval from cache, but it may help in a few cases.

Andrew Armstrong