Re: read txt file?

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:07:01 -0400
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The script I use runs as the user "nobody", and has write permissions in
directories I specify.  I'm not sure how this might work under NT...there
must be some kind of structure for controlling permissions in there...??

From: Michael Gerholdt <gerholdt(at)fredonia.edu>

Darrell,

I'm in the process of putting final touches on a similar project using ASP
and a web page form.

In this case, the client will fill out the form and submit, and the script
will take the input and overwrite a text file completely and add a little
coding (this is for a text file to be included in a Flash object).

Only thing I have yet to do is move it to the actual production machine.
Reason I'm responding to this is that I anticipate some permissions issues.
The normal web user doesn't have write permissions. Did you have to use some
sort of authentication for this?

Regards,
Michael Gerholdt