Re: IMG tag

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 9 Jan 2000 23:34:47 -0000
 To:  "The Lion's Cub" <lionscub(at)elknet.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It is possible to do mouseovers without using the NAME attribute in IMG
tags, by using the image array.  However, on 24 Dec a revision of the HTML
4 spec, HTML 4.01, was issued, and one of the changes is that the NAME
attribute is now valid with the IMG tag (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#adef-name-IMG).  So if you
use the HTML 4.01 DTD, you should find that it now validates OK.

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk